|Name||Edward Robert Jakeman|
|Date of Birth||9th May 1976|
|Professional ||- Microsoft Certified System Engineer + Messaging (Windows Server 2003) |
- MCPs in Designing, Implementing and Managing Exchange Server 2003
|Post-Graduate ||Coventry University 1997-1998 |
- MSc Software Development
|University ||Lancaster University 1994-1997 |
- BA (Hons) degree in History, 2i
|A-Levels ||King Edward VI College, Nuneaton 1992-1997 |
- History (A), Economics (A), English Literature (C)
|GCSE||St Thomas More School, Nuneaton 1988-1992 |
- 10 GCSEs A-D including Science (AA), Maths (C), English (A)
- Special Award for Achievement in History
|[Major UK company] ||Server Support Analyst 2007- Current |
- Administered Exchange 2003, Citrix 4.0, SQL 2005/2008, Windows
Server 2003/2008, Linux systems
- Domain Admin
on 400+ server farm
- Developed Xenapp 5 and 6 farms including Application Streaming, XenServer 5.5 on Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2
- Member of 3rd line support team for 5000+ active users.
- Completed significant number of system builds, upgrades and migration projects, primarily on HP ProLiant Blade servers and VMware ESX
- Planned and implemented companywide system of quotas and reports on file
- Built and operated HP Business Availability Center 7.5 system formonitoring of Citrix and web based systems, with reports and alerts.
|Pegasus Software Ltd ||IS Team Leader 2006 |
- Planned and implemented internal helpdesk, supporting 120 users
- Managed IS staff, training, purchasing and projects
- Administered Exchange, Citrix, SQL, Windows 2003, Check Point
- Implemented and publicised SharePoint Portal Server 2003
|Technical Direct Ltd ||IT Manager & ASP.NET Developer 2004-2005 |
- Retained as ASP.NET developer using Visual Studio .NET
- Combined role with IT Management roles, including migrating
all IT systems from previous company, maintaining hosting services.
|Odyssey Assets Ltd ||Group IT Manager 2002-2004 |
- Responsibility for sites within UK and Isle of Man, up to 20 servers.
- Special Project: Managed IT transition during HQ premises move.
- Planned and executed DNS, email and web hosting for many clients.
- Migrated network from Windows NT4 to Windows 2000 Active Directory.
- Migrated Email system from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000.
- Oversaw implementation of new phone system.
|Magnetic Media Ltd ||IT and Programming Manager 2000-2002 |
- Successfully recruited IT and development staff.
- Improved team structure and processes, completed several projects.
- Initiated move to SQL Server, SourceSafe and ASP.NET for developers
- Upgraded and reorganised most hardware and software systems.
- Migrated desktops and servers from Windows NT4\98 to Windows 2000.
- Implemented development server, Intranet and IT reporting system.
- Special Project: implemented Bullring webcams on Rotunda, Birmingham.
|Magnetic Media Ltd||Web and CDROM Programmer 1998-2000 |
- Extensive use of Macromedia Dreamweaver for corporate web sites.
- Use of HTML, ASP, Access, SQL Server.
- Graphics experience with Adobe Photoshop, Director & Fireworks.
|Tesco Stores Ltd||General Assistant 1997-1998|
|Operating Systems ||- Microsoft Windows – All versions up to Windows Server 2008 R2. |
- Linux: Installing and administering CentOS (Red Hat Enterprise) and Ubuntu through X-Windows and command line. Considerable use of Jboss and Apache.
|Hardware||- Extensive hardware and software support for PCs and laptops |
- 8 years hardware support with Dell PowerEdge and HP ProLiant servers,
including B-Class and C-Class HP Blade servers.
|Networking ||- Installation of NT4 and 2000-2008 domains, migration of NT4 domains to Active Directory. Installation and use of internal DNS, DHCP and WINS systems. |
Implementation of DMZ on existing network. TCP/IP and IPX.
- Full MCSE 2003, including Network Design and Infrastructure exams.
|Virtualisation||- Implementation of VMware Server 1 & 2 and XenServer 5.5 servers and client machines. Use of Virtual PC, VirtualBox and VMware Server under Windows and Linux for testing |
- Extensive use of VMware ESX Server 3.0 to create and administer
|VPN ||- Implementation of VPN systems based on ISA Server 2004, Windows 2003 |
Routing and Remote Access and Cisco VPN Concentrator
- Experience and training in Check Point Secure VPN & SSL over HTTPS
|Web Hosting ||- Management of web hosting for 40 domains+ over several servers |
- 4 years experience managing Apache on Linux, 8 years+ IIS on Windows
NT4, 2000-2008, including implementation of SSL and other security.
- Implemented web stats systems, using Webtrends & SurfStatsLive and
writing Powershell scripts to process IIS log files.
- Extensive domain name management, including holding a Nominet IPS-TAG.
- Several implementations of cost effective and secure SSL solutons.
|Email ||- 8 years experience managing Microsoft Exchange 5.5, 2000-2007, including migration from Exchange 5.5 up to Exchange 2003 in live environments |
and migration from Exchange 2003 to 2007 in testing.
- Implementation of Secure RPC over HTTP and Webmail with SSL under
Exchange 2003 and 2007
- Planning and installing Exchange systems, administration of Exchange
backup, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam and Outlook Web Access systems.
|DNS||- Design, implementation and managing public 50+ domain DNS system|
|Clustering ||- Setup and operation of several Microsoft Cluster systems on Windows |
2000 and 2003 for application & web hosting and SQL Server.
|Firewall ||- Installation and configuration of Microsoft ISA Server 2004, Netscreen, Check Point and Cisco hardware firewalls, Smoothwall Corporate |
|SharePoint||- Implementation of Intranets using SharePoint Portal Server 2003|
|Blackberry ||- Implementation and running of Blackberry Enterprise Server & devices |
- Recent experience using Windows smart phones with Exchange 2003
|ASP.NET||- 1 year commercial experience with Visual Studio .NET 2003 and C#. 3+ years non-commercial use of Visual Studio Express 2005 and 2008 to create |
- Support and installation of Visual Studio and SQL Server
|ASP and HTML||- 9 years experience creating dynamic commercial and intranet sites.|
|Java||- Use of Eclipse Galileo to create applications, including SQL/Postgres |
driven app to import 2600+ users into live Active Directory
|Database ||- Trained during MSc in use of relational databases and normalisation. |
- Commercial experience of database design and production using
Postgres, Oracle, Access and SQL Server 7, 2000, 2005 and 2008.
|CDROM & Graphics ||- 1 year programming Macromedia Director 7. Completed 4 major CD |
projects using animation, video, HTML interaction and games.
- 6 years experience with Adobe Photoshop and Fireworks to
process graphics and photos, especially for web use.